Commentaries are commissioned by the editors and provide comment on an article recently published in EJE, highlighting the significance of the findings from the perspective of an author who was not part of the paper that is commented upon.
A commentary should not exceed a word count of 1,200 and can contain one figure or table as well as references, and should include a separate Title page with the following:
- Title (maximum 85 characters)
- All authors names (as they should appear in PubMed)
- Author affiliations
- Corresponding author’s postal and email address
- A short title (maximum 46 characters, including spaces)
- A minimum of four keywords describing the manuscript
- Word count of the full article (maximum length 3500 words, excluding references, figure legends, abstract, significance statement and acknowledgments).