Letters comment on an EJE article published within the last six months (referring to the online publication date) at the time of submission of the letter to EJE.
A letter should not exceed a maximum word count of 800 and should include a separate Title page with:
- Title (maximum 85 characters)
- All authors names (as they should appear in PubMed)
- Author affiliations
- Corresponding author’s postal and email address
- A short title (maximum 46 characters, including spaces)
- A minimum of four keywords describing the manuscript
- Word count of the full article (maximum length 3500 words, excluding references, figure legends, abstract, significance statement and acknowledgments).
The editors will judge if the letter is of interest by making a highly relevant point. In this case, the authors of the article the letter comments upon will be invited to respond to the letter. If they choose to respond (same length of up to 800 words), letter and reply to letter will be published at the same time.